DO YOU KNOW JESUS?|
You see, a relationship with Jesus Christ is the only way to live-the only way to experience eternal life. He is absolute truth; He is life, and without Him, there is no hope for tomorrow.
The Bible makes it plain that we cannot come before God in our own righteousness. We are sinful people who have disobeyed God's commands, done things that are wrong.
However, the Bible also tells us that we can find salvation in Jesus. He was born of a virgin, lived among men, was crucified for the sins of all mankind, rose from the grave on the third day, ascended to Heaven, and now sits at the right hand of God the Father.
When we accept His sacrificial death for our sins and ask Him to forgive those sins, we become "children of God." As a result of our relationship with Jesus, we are promised a home in Heaven when we die.
DO YOU KNOW JESUS?
If not, why not? It is the most important relationship you can have. Why not trust Christ and ask Him for forgiveness.
The following "steps to salvation" are taken directly from the Word of God:
1. Admit your sin. "As it is written, there is none righteous, no not one" (Romans 3:10).
2. Acknowledge the penalty for sin. "For the wages of sin is death…" (Romans 6:23a).
3. Believe that Jesus' death and ressurection paid the penalty for your sin. "…but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus
Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23b)
4. Ask God to forgive your sin. "If thou shalt confess…thou shalt be saved" (Romans 10:9, 10).
5. Acknowledge Christ as the Lord of your life. "But as many as received him, to them gave he the power to become the sons
of God, even to them that believe on his name" (John 1:12).
Perhaps you would like to pray the following simple prayer. You don't need fancy words, just an honest and open heart. Pray something like this:
"Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner. But I also believe You died for my sin, and through faith in Your death and resurrection I can be forgiven. I confess my sin and ask You to become my Savior and Lord from this day forward. Thank you for saving me. Amen."
Do you want to learn more? Consider the following resources:
CLICK HERE for "Simple. The Christian Life Doesn't Have to Be Complicated," By Robert J. Morgan
CLICK HERE for "How To Know You're Saved," By Garnett Reid (A small book that reveals a profound truth about why we need assurance of our salvation)
CLICK HERE for "First Steps for New Believers" (10 easy lessons for new believers to understand more about their faith)